Summer Concerts in the Park: One of Seattle`s Favorite Ways to Soothe the Savage Beast
By: Coral Noyd ~
The days are lengthening and Seattle's much anticipated summer is quickly approaching. Our light deprived beasts residing within have been patiently sloshing through rain & slurping steaming latte's for far too long. We are now awakening with a need to feast on some sunlight! Here at Between Moves, we recognize this as our cue to begin sharing some favorite warm weather activities; one of them being summer concerts in the park. There are many to choose from but here are a few amongst the most popular, as well as a few located on the eastside closer to our short term rentals:
- Summer Concerts at Chateau Ste. Michelle is the place to enjoy northwest wine and live music in an amphitheater setting from June 15th through August 24th. A sample of this year's concert calendar includes Harry Connick Jr, Gladys Knight, Chris Botti and more. Tickets can be purchased in the Chateau or through Ticketmaster.
- Marymoor Park's Annual Summer Concert Series in Redmond is among Seattle's best outdoor summer concerts in the park. Performances include Steely Dan, Pink Martini, Sublime, and Hall & Oates, just to name a few. Tickets can be purchased at the Marymoor park office M-F from 9-4. Additional information is provided on the park's website. http://www.marymoorconcerts.com/
- Live at Lunch is Bellevue's Downtown Summer Concert Series consisting of 30 free concerts spanning 10 weeks throughout the summer. If you work in downtown Bellevue, you can escape the daily grind, kick off your shoes, dine al fresco and decompress while sampling a flavorful variety of northwest bands. Concerts are held outside Bellevue City Hall (located at 410 110th Ave NE) every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 12-1:30 beginning July 9th and running through Sept. 12th. For more information call 425-453-1223 or visit http://www.bellevuedowntown.org/events/liveatlunch/
- Kirkland Summer Concert Series offers even more local northwest flavor by hosting both a children's concert series every Tuesday from 10-11 a.m. at Juanita Beach Park, 9703 N.E. Juanita Drive, July 9th - August 20th as well as an evening concert series held at Marina Park, 25 Lakeshore Plaza Drive, Thursdays 7-8:30 p.m. July 11th - August 22nd.
- BECU Zoo Tunes at Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle has been a favorite northwest summer tradition for 30 years with profits designated to save animals in need. A sampling of this year's line-up include Huey Louis & the News, LeAnn Rimes, Indigo Girls, Randy Newman, and of course many more artists. The concerts are to be held June 23rd through August 23rd from 6 - 8:30 p.m. You are always welcome to bring a picnic to enjoy as well as purchase food and beverages at the zoo. Tickets are now available online or at the gate (it's advisable to check for availability before going). http://www.zoo.org/zootunes#.UYrQqqKkqi0
We hope you find this information helpful for your extended stay. Whatever you choose to do, we feel confident that you will enjoy our beautiful northwest summer. We know that here at Between Moves, we are inspired to get outside and start producing some vitamin D!