Wondering How to Find Boarding for Pets during Your Extended Stay? Here Are a Few Top-Notch Resources for Pets in Seattle
By: Coral Noyd ~
It's a fact that some of our Between Moves extended stay clients are pet owners. Even though our furnished condos are not set up to accommodate them, we know firsthand what an important part of the family pets can be. Given this consideration, we would like to offer you some great resources to help you find boarding for pets during your stay.
What makes this easy for us is that you and your pet are in a wonderfully enthusiastic pet loving city. Seattle, including the eastside, is one of the most pet-friendly cities in the country. This area has a plethora of quality pet boarding accommodations to choose from, for cats as well as dogs. So many in fact, that it would be impossible for us to include all of those worth mentioning in this one article. We can, however, provide you with some information that we think would be the most helpful to you in making your pet feel at home away from home during your stay with us.
Things we recommend you consider when setting up boarding for pets during your stay:
- Choose a facility that matches your pet's needs & personality (visit ahead of time if possible)
- Don't forget to take your pet's belongings for comfort & familiarity, i.e., bedding, toys, an item with familiar smells (an old piece of your clothing, etc.)
- It's a good idea to provide your pet's regular food to keep diet consistent & avoid digestion issues
- Visit your pet often if possible - you can ease any separation anxiety by taking your pet on daily outings; visit the groomer, dog parks, sightseeing even…
This video offers some helpful advice on choosing a kennel:
A few local pet boarding options to check out:
- Pet Vacations, at 425-644-7387, with eastside locations, has been boarding dogs & cats since 1993 - “We are a team of compassionate, reliable animal lovers that care for your pet in OUR home until you return to YOUR home"
- Rover.com - Dog Boarding Alternatives: “Because dogs love being in real homes” - This website allows you to be matched with a dog friendly home close to your location and within a variable range of prices to suit your budget.
Petsmart has Pet Hotels in a multitude of convenient locations that accommodate both dogs and cats. Each facility is staffed with PetSmart Pet Care Specialists and offer grooming, accredited dog training, and a pet hospital on each site.
Even though you and your pet are not bunking together during your stay with Between Moves, you can still keep in touch daily. Cats, because of their independent nature are easy - it can be as simple as making time to sneak in a few snuggle sessions here and there. In contrast, boarding a dog during your stay offers more possibilities for daily activity. It could be great fun to spring Fido from the kennel for a short period during your day and go exploring. We have listed for you a couple dog parks worthy of a romp and have also included a few additional canine sightseeing ideas.
Local pet friendly/off leash dog parks in the Bellevue, Redmond, Kirkland and Seattle area:
Marymoor Park in Redmond has a gigantic off leash dog park.
Jaspers Dog Park located at 11225 NE 120th ST, is a newer Kirkland park dedicated to canines.
Robinswood Park is an off-leash dog corral located at 2430 148th Ave SE in Bellevue.
Warren G. Magnuson Park at Sand Point in Seattle offers a place for your dog to swim.
Golden Gardens Park in Seattle boasts beautiful views of the Puget Sound for both you and Fido.
Sightseeing with pets in Seattle - fun local attractions where pets are welcome:
Leashed pets are welcome on metro buses and city ferries.
You can take your dog with you on a seaplane sightseeing tour with Kenmore Air
Your dog is welcome to come along on The Fremont Sunday Ice Cream Cruise for a tour of Lake Union
Many restaurants and coffee spots offer pet-friendly patio seating and some will go as far as to serve your dog dinner (Norm's Eatery & Ale House)!