Feeling a Little "Temporary" Frustration?
By: Coral Noyd ~
Are you feeling a little frustrated trying to find temporary housing in Seattle? Did you call a 1-800 number only to be transferred to a call center in rural Minnesota to check availability after waiting on hold through 3 agonizing minutes of Muzac?
Here are a few "academics" for you to use to find temporary housing or a fully furnished condo in the Greater Seattle and Eastside area:
Seattle is a big city with lots of urbs and burbs like Redmond, Bellevue, Kirkland, Shoreline and Edmonds. Knowing where your new temporary employer's place of business is in relation to the rain, terrain and traffic patterns in Seattle is useful.
Do your geographical research of Seattle to narrow down the best location for you to search out the perfect furnished apartment in.
- After a bit of cursory research you may discover that living in Redmond and hopping on Metro for a ride to work so you can be close to Lake Sammamish and Marymoor Park in your is more in line with how you want to spend your leisure time, than say living in Shoreline.
- Or you may discover that living and working in Kirkland where your new employer is affords you the luxury of walking or biking to work . . . which in turn affords you different “views” of the city.
Here it is straight up - the temporary and corporate housing industry is profitable. There are lots of companies that you can choose to do business with.
Here are a few questions to help guide your selection process:
- How long have they been in business providing temporary housing, fully furnished apartments and homes to contract workers, traveling nurses or interns?
- Where did they gain their expertise in the rental housing market?
- Do they live, work and play in the same areas their available temporary housing is located?
- Have they personally been inside the furnished apartment or fully furnished 3 bedroom home in Kirkland they are pitching you on the phone?
- Can they speak directly to what their experience with the community you are inquiring about?
Study what the words and images on the websites of the companies that provide corporate housing in Seattle say to you.
Is their business transparent on their corporate website?
- Are there pictures of the exact fully furnished apartment that you are interested in on their website?
- Are their real names and pictures of real people above and below the testimonials on the home page?
- Will they provide references, a temp worker or two just like you looking for corporate housing in Seattle, for you to chat with about their past experience doing business with you?
- Does their website explicitly tell you what is expected of you and what you can expect from them?
- Who does the paperwork, gives you the keys and welcomes you to the neighborhood on move-in day?
- Are there names and pictures of a person who can answer your questions or might you rightfully conclude that if you call the 1-800 number Muzac awaits you?
We hope this alleviated some of your frustration, at least temporarily, and helps you quickly find the perfect furnished rental you need in Seattle.
We'll be here to welcome your arrival, show you in and hand you the keys!