How to Move During CO-VID19
By: Coral Noyd ~
The pandemic has hit a lot of people and their plans to travel or move in a very negative way. It is suggested that now if you can move your date for move in to try and do that, but if you cannot, here are some tips to be able to move safely into your new home.
1. Try to move as much as you can without hiring help. This will help keep you in control of who is touching your items and you can ensure that safely it is not in contact with someone who might be sick.
2. Before you are moving into your new home, ensure to wipe down all the surfaces with disinfectant cleaner. This will help pick up any left over bacteria that might be behind. If you do not want to clean your new house, you can always hire house cleaners. Be sure to ask them to use clean rags and ask questions about what cleaners they use on surfaces. When they come to clean, it is easier to ensure no one is in the home to maintain distance, but also give them space to do their job.
3. If you are traveling to a different state or even across your current state, be sure to have clean masks and sanitizer in the car for everyone to use. You will need to stop for gas, and you will want to continue to follow the restrictions in each state. Use hand sanitizer every time you get in and out of your car and wash your hands as much as you can along the way!
4. If you need a place to stay during your travels to your new home, it is safest to find somewhere with contactless check in and stay. You can camp, which could be fun for the family, or you can find a hotel that has a contactless check in and can still cater to all your needs.
5. When packing you will want to ensure that you are not using used or free boxes unless they are from you. Do not go to a grocery store and pick up boxes as those could have come in contact with contamination. The best place to pick up boxes is a UPS, FEDEX or USPS stores.
Utilize these tips while moving and ensure you keep yourself and others safe. Have a happy moving day!